Monday, July 25, 2005

An idea

So, there is a grant program through MSR that allows people to apply for treks throughout the world. It is a youth-only thing, under 25 I believe. And there is no real other requirements, other than you have to write a grant, have a clear proposal, and then be accepted. I would really be interested in doing that, but I have not much clue where to go. I'm torn between doing something majorly huge, like biking from Kathmandhu to Istanbul, (10 000km) or being more of a smaller scope. Kayaking around New Zealand, trekking through the Gobi desert, a photgraphy trip along the great wall of China... all are ideas that I've had so far. The Darien Gap of Panama would be a unique challenge, but probably beyond my range of ability at this moment. Ditto with any rock-climbing attempts or such. But hiking Gabon's national parks would be fun, and to see surfing hippos at the end. Or to China to view wild panda bears....

Any suggestions?

No comments: